September 10, 2008

Somebody Please Make Me Care

Maybe I have Canadian political fatigue or something, but I am having a hard time caring about this federal election.

I tried everything. I made a few attack ads on notaleader.ca. Boy was that fun. I looked for the make a policy section on the Conservative website. No dice…

I went to a campaign event too. I was at Dawson for the Dion announcement on Monday. I asked a few of the students at Dawson, mostly of voting age, what they thought of the event, since the national media was literally 10 feet away from them with spotlights and 5 campaign vehicles. “What election?” “Who is Stephane Dion?” Ugh! These people cared as much as I did. Although at least I knew there was an election.

I tried listening to Jack! Layton for 30 seconds. That guy really gets me riled up. He surely must be up to something stupid. He doesn’t want Elizabeth May in the debates because she supports the Liberal Carbon Tax Shift-a-Palooza. Lucky for Jack! the NDP Budget amendment in 2006 didn’t disqualify him from that election debate. Agreeing with other parties is conducive to a constructive functional situation. Jack! would have none of that.

Wait, the NDP backed down? They decided to be democratic after all? God DAMMIT! surely there would be another issue that would dominate the campaign and get me back on track with regards to caring…

WHAT! The Puffin (A Noble Bird!) was POOPING on Dion. I have heard of throwing shit at your opponent, but this is really taking it to a new level. First of all, if the tories were paying attention, they would know the puffin (a noble bird) cleans up his own poop! The Tories leave their poop at Julie Couillard’s house.

And how exactly is Puffin poop going to prevent the economic shit from hitting the proverbial wind turbine? An election about the economy…I hate to admit it but I am beginning to slightly feel sorry for Paul Martin. Seriously, can someone go track him down and give him a hug?

34 days left until the election, hopefully someone will find something fruitful to debate, because with all this rolling around in the mud, the lipstick on this smelly pig is bound to come off…

Labels:

3 Commentaires:

Blogger KC a dit...

the lipstick on this smelly pig is bound to come off…

Yeah you drink that GOP Koolaid.

9/10/2008 6:39 p.m.  
Blogger Anthony a dit...

I actually think Obama using that line was fair game

9/10/2008 6:41 p.m.  
Blogger RGM a dit...

Meh, don't worry about it, Antonio, hockey season starts in a couple weeks and the Habs are primed for a big run this year. The sky won't fall no matter who gets elected (unless by some evil conspiracy Jack or May win), but it certainly will if the [i]bleu, blanc, et rouge[/i] stumble and fall this season.

9/22/2008 11:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home