September 17, 2007

Fuddle Duddle Prediction Desk is Taking a Break

On a bright sunny morning here in Montreal, I simply cannot predict who will win. My gut tells me it will be a squeaker, but it can easily be a runaway as well.

The lead-up to this by-election has been nothing short of a gong show. Last night, the fun continued with the fake resignation of my former colleague Denise Brunsdon. While I have a general idea who spoke to the Halifax Chronicle Herald, I also know Denise is too smart to send out an email blatantly admitting something so stupid.

However, the person who sent out that email made a few people laugh, and others panic.

Words of a squabble between high-ranking Liberals in Quebec is making the round of the rumor mill this morning as well. This by-election has trouble written all over it.

I am gonna go scout the get-out-the-vote operations before I head to class today. Then I may be able to make a prediction. Over 400 NDP workers will be in the riding today in Mulcair’s two offices…scary indeed.

I’ll post an update or two as the day goes by.

Labels:

8 Commentaires:

Blogger Michael a dit...

The yuppie set in Outremont who wouldn't bother getting to a ballot station to vote for their own grandmother are getting out to vote.

They are not voting NDP, they are voting for Mulcair, and against Dion.

The NDP is still considered to be a joke in Quebec. The Liberals are giving them lots of company.

9/17/2007 1:21 p.m.  
Blogger Michael a dit...

Oh, and another thing:

The Hadasim are sitting this one out.

9/17/2007 1:24 p.m.  
Blogger Phil a dit...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9/17/2007 1:46 p.m.  
Blogger lance a dit...

phil, Antonio has already been slagged, why add fuel?

Antonio, Is it true you got booted from Liblogs? I heartily recommend the Non-Partisan blogroll. :)

Cheers,
lance

9/17/2007 4:51 p.m.  
Blogger Tarkwell Robotico a dit...

Antonio:

This was all your fault!

9/17/2007 11:41 p.m.  
Blogger leftdog a dit...

N P D !!! Oui !!!

9/18/2007 12:49 a.m.  
Blogger leftdog a dit...

Postscript:
Antonio WILL NOT acknowledge the fact that Dippers ARE Relevant!

9/18/2007 12:51 a.m.  
Blogger Anthony a dit...

leftdog, still no

let me write my reflective post in peace

i have yet to decide how much venom is necessary

9/18/2007 1:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home