September 28, 2006

Dionistas Making Bad Wine with Sour Grapes

BCer in Toronto is using his Quebec expertise to say Liza Frulla is unimportant. Well Jeff, you are very far from the truth on this.

Liza Frulla was the Chair of the NO campaign in 1995, a popular Bourassa minister, once touted to lead the provincial Liberals before Charest came from Ottawa. If Dion’s attitude is that Frulla’s endorsement is meaningless, then I believe they truly misunderstood the political landscape in Quebec.

Frulla’s non-endorsement of Dion leaves Stephane with no big francophone Quebec endorsements in the province of Quebec. (Francis Fox supported Ignatieff this morning as well.) I would love to hear Stephane arrogantly call her non-endorsement a compliment. Frankly Jeff, you should be ashamed of yourself. Mind you, if the dirty tricks we will see from the Dion campaign in Jeanne LeBer this weekend are any indication, we will be in for quite the gong show.

4 Commentaires:

Blogger Jeff a dit...

You, Antonio are using your words to distort, no, to lie, about what I said. You can be ashamed of that or not, it matters not to me.

Fact is though I never said she was unimportant, nor that her biography is unimpressive.

What I DID say is that I disagree with her approach to the nationalism/separtism issue. I think it's wrong. You think it's right. That's cool, we're entitled to our opinions, and debate is healthy and good.

I also said I'm not surprised she endorsed Ignatieff and attacked Dion. Afterall, as I wrote their views are diamatrically opposed. It would have been shocking if she had endorsed Dion.

Also, my opinions are my own, I no more speak for Dion then you do for Ignatieff. Well, again, I don't speak for Dion. I have no idea what he thinks about Frulla's statements.

I'm not sure why you've got such a bee in your bonnet here Antonio. I disagree with her on some issues, if holding an opposite view is somehow insulting her, or is a dirty trick, then the world has indeed gone bananas. Lighten up, you're going to give yourself an ulcer man.

9/28/2006 8:12 p.m.  
Blogger Sinestra a dit...

I'm also interested in seein what happens in Jeanne-LeBer. Also interested in getting results from A-T.

9/28/2006 9:58 p.m.  
Blogger Anthony a dit...

jeff you said her non-endorsement was a compliment,

that in itself is enough.

If I overstepped and I offended you, I apologize.

I am very close to Liza Frulla and do not take it lighlt when people call it insignificant.

9/28/2006 10:00 p.m.  
Blogger Alter Boys a dit...

Anna Yanuk is right on the money. A cat fight indeed seems to be brewing!

I too wrote that Liza Frulla's endorsement of Iggy did not surprise nor impressed me. Dion supporters have known all along that Frulla would not support Stéphane.

But this is not WW3! We will all have to get together at some point and get rid of "Steve" Harper.

And by the way, Antonio might hold against BCer the fact that he's not from Québec. Well I am, and have been for 42 years now! So I do have some kind of knowledge of the "terrain" as we say in French.

Again: this is not WW3!!
Wag On,
Dudley

9/28/2006 10:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home