September 7, 2006

I wont say much…

I wont say much…

There are some bloggers twisting themselves into knots over Steve Janke’s latest accusation.

Here is the difference: While some of the Dion stuff is seemingly recopied verbatim, the Ignatieff stuff shares the same ideas but is not copied word for word.

I stand by what I said. Janke proved my point for me by talking about how Ignatieff’s people proudly boasted they worked together with the activists, which Dion’s people did as well. The quote "This stuff did not come out of thin air." proves that Michael was not trying to pass the idea off as originally his. My problem with Dion's plan is that some of the stuff was copied word for word, which besides showing laziness, is just poor form.

So while I do eat some crow this morning, I am far from a hypocrite. I do apologize for making a federal case out of it, but to the Dion policy-writers, next time, please use your own words and save us all the trouble.

4 Commentaires:

Blogger Denise B a dit...

Antonio, I think you should try to step back a bit from the current drama du jour.

This leadership is about more than day-by-day news issues. My comment is addressing the overall nature of conduct being exhibited throughout this leadership.

I am using this current event not to draw a distinction between camps as you have chosen to do, but to indicate a much larger cross-camp problem.

We can continue to debate syntax or we can look at what this is really about- poor sportsmanship.

I refer to John Lennard's post following your not-so-subtle correction of his criticism last week. Not only was his responsory post classy, it was striking BECAUSE it was classy.

For all the lauding of the blogosphere- in particular- as a realm of deeper policy debate, I certainly think we could all debate more respectfully.

9/07/2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Antonio a dit...

Noted Denise,

I will keep that in mind the next time you call classily call me a hypocrite

9/07/2006 11:37 AM  
Blogger Bud a dit...

I have been involved in several copyright infringements in the past. Without going into much "lawyer double-speak", the act states . . . If it looks like "it", or sounds like "it" . . . it is "it". Plain and simple. Changing the words is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

9/07/2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger Concerned YL a dit...

The Dion people are funny. They mean well but they are so transparent.

Before Dion's gaffe, the only policy they were debating was that of their chosen candidate. Not so much "debating" as "promoting".

I recall Cherniak having a post that basically said "I just don't like Kennedy". No issue debate. Just personal opinion. Now, he's certainly entitled to it but it becomes a problem when all the Dionistas now want to only talk about policy debate. Isn't it magical how it happens to coincide with their guy's gaffe?

If you want to debate policy, then do a post on some of Iggy's plans, or Bob Rae's health plan, or the entire platform that Ken Dryden released (which Cherniak posted nothing about). Scared to promote the competition maybe?

To be fair, Jason and the Dionistas have in the past debated some policy but it's just so obnoxious when they play both sides of the fence depending on what best suits Dion.

9/07/2006 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home