March 26, 2006

YLC Roundup

Report Card: Scott Brison

The national executive is over and I had a really good time. Alberta is my new favorite province, I no longer want to be banned from Alberta. This is quite a step forward

First up, Scotty Brison.

Appearance: B+
Scott thought his shoes were great. The two Quebec fashion experts thought they were OK, actually better than his policies, but it wasn’t a policy kind of night…so the shoes get a B+

Bilingualism: C+
From a guy who had an F a while back, this is a definite improvement. Scott can actually have a minimal conversation in French. His grammar is off, but I’m not one to talk. Great Improvement A for effort.

Policy Proposal: D+
Scott wasn’t talking policy so this isn’t very fair but I would have liked to hear him more. He is a little to pro-business for this lefty but overall, he didn’t talk much policy. Believe me, I talked less about policy the night after.

Overall Performance: B-
Most students would be happy with a B- considering the prof is such an asshole.

Report Card: Ken Dryden

Appearance: B+
He shaved the beard! FAN-TASTIC. The two Quebec fashion experts agree the look definitely suits him. Now if only Jack gets rid of the mustache!

Bilingualism: C+
He didn’t speak any French yesterday but I have heard him in the past. I was disappointed he didn’t speak in French in his speech at all.

Policy Proposal: A-
Ken Dryden is frickin SMART! He was explaining to me that my “hardcore” federalist position wasn’t always applicable in a uniform way. He got me there! I hate being wrong.

Overall Performance: B+
Because Ken signed my Habs jersey A+++++

Report Card: Belinda Stronach

Appearance: A
She did look tired last night but it was already 10 PM. She still looked fantastic as usual. The two Quebec fashion experts say she pulled off the “I’m meeting the Youth look” well.

Bilingualism D--
Because F is mean…I will tell you why she deserves a D--…As promised I asked a question in French

What is the most important policy you wish to bring to the Liberal Party of Canada

Her response was…J’apprend le francais

Ya sorry Belinda D--

Policy Proposals: D+
She is good at reciting catch phrases like productivity and strong economy, but I would like her to elaborate a little bit more.

Overall Performance: C-
She has a chance to redeem herself but it will be a long way to go.

More on Richard Diamond’s decision tomorrow…

Now…I am GOING HOME!

12 Commentaires:

Anonymous Anonymous a dit...

I like Richard and have known him a long time, and while I think Brison could be a strong cabinet minister again for a Liberal Government I just can't pick him for leader of the party. When he ran for the PC leadership less than 3 years ago he was talking private health care and other conservative libertarian economic idea's. I can't belive he has changed and become a centre-left Liberal that I want to be our leader in such a short time. Plus anyleader contender that has worse French than me is also out (and my French is horrible)

I like Ken Dryden a lot and if Gerard Kenedy does not run I can seriously see myself voluntering for him.

As for Belinda.....I think Reg Alcock liked losing so much in the last election that he has decided to make a habit of it now.

Joe Volpe get bonus marks for giving me a call at home, but honestly Joe Volpe? I really hope one of his advisors tells him that he has no chance.

3/26/2006 4:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous a dit...

^
What sour grapes from some bitter loser that Reg and his team most likely denied a delegate spot to last time around.

Reg and his team have already been working in getting the campus and womans clubs sewed up and are selling memberships like hotcakes on the riding level too. You should be pretty upset Reg lost the election cause he is working for Belinda 24-7 acoss the province and country. Richard may be working for Scott right now, but when it comes to convention you can count on Richard brining all the Brison youth over to Belinda cause Richard still talks to Reg on a weekly basis.

3/26/2006 7:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous a dit...

Antonio, who served the best food?

3/26/2006 8:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous a dit...

Belinda baked a yummy Econmic Pie.

3/26/2006 8:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous a dit...

Manitoba Liberal,

I saw Gerard Kennedy speak in Calgary today. He was very impressive. Apparently he was in BC yesterday and same thing, large crowds of Liberals and Young Liberals. Very positive buzz around him. Someone told me he will likely be in Manitoba the first week in April. Check it out.

3/26/2006 8:57 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous a dit...

Belinda and I served a BIG pie because she can afford more ingredients...

3/26/2006 10:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous a dit...

Glad to hear Alberta is out of your bad books.

But geez Antonio - the girl picks up a $5,000 tab, and that doesn't even rate a C?

3/27/2006 1:19 a.m.  
Blogger Anthony a dit...

hahaha

Money is not a criteria on this report card...only signing hockey jerseys!

3/27/2006 2:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous a dit...

Brison, Kennedy and Belinda represent a new generation of leadership, that is where Young Liberals are at.

Ignatieff and Rae represent same old same old, and they will be old way too soon!

Young Liberals are going for a new generation!

3/27/2006 8:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous a dit...

I am staying anon for now. As a Provincial President I want to time my announcment when it can best help my candidate of choice - Scott Brison!

He doesn't know that I am with him yet, but I was blown away by his presence over the weekend.

We don't just need new policies and direction, we need someone who can articulate them for a new generation - Scott's da man!

3/27/2006 8:06 p.m.  
Blogger Anthony a dit...

Hey,

I know who this is, but I will keep your identity secret. I will disagree on one point. Scott, at no point this weekend, proposed any kind of policy, support Brison because of his age is as ridiculous as supporting a candidate because they are a woman, or a man, or a minority. You support the candidate who you think is the best.

3/27/2006 10:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous a dit...

It's funny because I have met with many different candidates and the one that impressed me the most on policy was Brison.

He was the only one that strayed away from the generic and purposed actual ideas.

I thought Brison had some really good policy ideas on Environment and Education.

Dryden had a good event, I had a good chat with him but it wasn't policy based at all.

Belinda told me her name...no policy or discussion.

3/28/2006 12:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home