February 1, 2006

The Right to Blasphemy

Interesting issue over in Denmark, a Danish newspaper has published pictures depicting the prophet Muhammad. Apparently, the Muslim faith prohibits the depiction of their prophet and this has sparked protest.

I have gotten in some hot water for pictures I have published in my day but my question to these protesters is:

The west offers opportunities to work and integration into their society but when a European country does not adopt a Muslim custom, it should be reprimanded?

I suggest they come back and talk to me when two guys can get married in Saudi Arabia.

BLASPHEMY!

1 Commentaires:

Blogger ainge lotusland a dit...

i thought tolerance was a western "custom" ... i know you might feel you have this transcendent authority to speak on such matters, but dont you think its a bit shallow to link "freedom of speech, including the right to ridicule an entire religion by blaming it for its extremists" to a fundamental human right like protection from gender discrimination?

2/04/2006 4:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home