April 2, 2006

Scholastic Torture

As if studying isn’t already hard enough, the stress that attacks most of during an actual exam is far from pleasant. I mean, all it really is a three hour interrogation where if questions are unanswered, you will fail. That means, if you don’t answer the questions right, bad things will happen. You have to answer the questions correctly or else…

These three hour-coercive interrogations are always intense. So much stuff to remember. So much pressure to put it all down on the paper. It scares the heebie-jeebies out of most people.

But there is recourse against something. Bring along your Geneva Convention to your exam. Apparently, in a conversation I had with Richard Diamond, not letting people go pee is considered torture. So when that invigilator stares you down and says you cant go pee…say it is your right to pee and this is not Guantanamo!

Good Luck Guys and Gals!

1 Commentaires:

Blogger S.K. a dit...

My goodness you must go to a nasty school. One time I showed up for an exam in a class on Shakespere's tragedies and I had studied the wrong play. I went up to the prof and said, I can't answer these questions I studied the wrong play. I studeied the Tempest, I can't rememer the one I was supposed to have studdied. He said, "that's ok just answer the questions for that play instead." I don't know, I guess I went to a nice school. I also took several courses where the prof told us what the exam question would be at the beginning of the course. Like for Political philosophy, What is freedom, discuss? Or for Cell Biology, Outline the central dogma of cell biology? If it was a short answer exam, usually the profs posted exams from previous years, more good hints as to what would be covered.

You must have mean professors if you don't know what's going to be on the exam ahead of time and they won't even let you go to the bathroom.

4/03/2006 9:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home